What information is reported to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

If you are a foreign student and your award is in excess of your tuition and required fees, then Harvard is required to report the amount of the excess and any withholding you were charged to the IRS on Form 1042-S. Harvard must make this report even if you have no withholdings and no tax liability because of a tax treaty.

See also: Taxes, 1042-S