Tax Filing Resources

Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
Tax Information for Students
Tax Information for Foreign Students and Scholars
Publication 17: Your Federal Income Tax-For Individuals
Publication 8863: Education Credits
Publication 970: Tax Benefits for Education
You might be eligible to file for free! Refer to the IRS website
Follow the IRS on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook for the latest news and tax filing tips
Massachusetts Department of Revenue
W-2 Questions: Harvard Central Payroll
(617) 495-8500, option 4

Instructions to obtain a W-2
1098-T: Student Accounts Office (all students except Extension and Summer School)
1098-T released by January 31

1098-T: Extension and Summer School Students
MAXIMUS Federal (800) 223-0043
1098-T released by January 31
1098-E: Student Loan Office
(617) 495-3782
1098-E released by January 31
1099-MISC: University Financial Services

1042-S: University Financial Services
Harvard University, Office of the Controller
Tax Information for Students

Harvard International Office
(617) 495-2789
Provides software and information for international students regarding taxes