The student account is a record of all tuition charges and fees associated with a student’s education at Harvard, as well as the payments and credits made towards those charges. The Student Accounts Office posts financial transactions to each student’s account as they are received. Students and delegates can log in to view the status of their account at any time.
You are expected to take responsibility for your student account. This includes:
- Reviewing your account to make sure that all charges and credits are correct
- Contacting Student Accounts if there are any errors
- Setting up Delegates to grant account access to your parents or other payers
- Paying your charges by the due dates indicated
The student account mainly consists of two sections: Amount Due and Account Details. Understanding these two views is essential when reading your account.
(Delegates can see an overview of their account view below)
The Amount Due, accessed via the Student Accounts tab in the left menu, reflects all unpaid charges that are not currently covered by financial aid, and is updated in real-time to reflect new charges and payments.
Selecting the information icon (“i”) in the Amount Due box reveals individual charges (and due dates) that make up the total. Partially-paid charges are displayed with a gray ‘information’ icon, which can be hovered over to show the original charge. Past due charges are displayed in red with an exclamation point.
Students on the monthly payment plan will also see a second box listing future installments. All of the charges, including future installments, are totaled at the bottom of the amount due box.
Below the Amount Due section is the Account Details box, which includes:
- Current Balance: All unpaid charges on the student's account (including charges that have not yet been paid by anticipated aid).
- Anticipated Aid: The total of reported financial aid that has not yet been disbursed.
- Balance After Aid: The Current Balance less any Anticipated Aid.
The plus symbol (+) in the upper left corner of the Account Details box reveals a detailed listing of all transactions (Charges and Credits), the total of which corresponds to the Current Balance listed above, as well as Anticipated Aid on the account. This view defaults to display the current term, but a drop-down menu under Charges and Credits filters transactions by term and date.
You may print an invoice from your Account Details by selecting the Print icon in the upper right corner
The delegate account view looks and operates almost exactly the same as the student account view. Delegates will see a photo of their student where the Harvard shield is displayed In the above image.